Beginning July 1, 2022, all alcohol servers and their managers will have 60 days to obtain a valid RBS certification to perform their duties in a business that serves alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
This applies to servers, bartenders, managers, security staff, daily license designees, and those who perform any of the following duties:
- Check patron identification
- Take patron alcoholic beverage orders
- Pour alcoholic beverages for patrons
- Deliver alcoholic beverages to patrons
- Check ID for alcohol service
- Oversee, train or hire those who perform the above duties.
This applies to restaurants, bars, taverns, nightclubs, wineries, breweries, hotels, bed and breakfast inns, golf clubs, yacht clubs, veterans’ clubs, health clubs, theaters, event centers, resorts, casinos, stadiums, airport lounges, fairs and special events.